HP laptops are known to have intermittent boot blocks according to many users. This issue may appear after installing the HP software or Windows updates. This issue can also arise if you have updated your BIOS. A black screen will appear with the message “Flashing Boot Block – percent” if this issue is present. When the flash is finished, the blue box will indicate “Flashing Boot Block – Flash Complete!” when finished flashing. However, you will not be able to boot into Windows in any scenario.
The boot block is a term you may have heard of.
The boot block is a small section of memory in the BIOS that stores the minimum number of boot instructions. This information cannot be removed through a standard BIOS update. A floppy drive and an ISA graphics card are the only devices the Boot Block can boot from. Boot Block allows you to use the floppy disk to recover the BIOS if the BIOS update fails.
Problem with intermittent boot block: what to do?
The intermittent boot block issue on HP laptops is linked to the BIOS. If it doesn’t work, you can always try to recover the BIOS. Whenever there is a problem with the BIOS update, the system tries an automatic recovery from the previous version. There are several techniques to reinstall the BIOS if it doesn’t work automatically.
Key combination to fix the problem:
1: Connect the power cord after turning off the computer.
two: After that, hold down the Windows key + B key while pressing and holding the button for 2-3 seconds.
3: While holding the Night key and the B key, press and hold the power button.
4: There may be a succession of sounds to hear.
5: The BIOS update program starts, allowing you to restore the BIOS if necessary.
6: If, however, the HP BIOS Update screen does not appear, you may encounter the following issues:
7: It is possible that your PC does not support the feature or that there is a problem with your hard drive.
8: After trying this, go to the next step.
9: The power button was left pressed for an excessive period of time.
Make a USB flash disk for BIOS recovery.
Step 1: Download the correct BIOS version for your PC model number from HP Support and install it on a working PC.
Step 2: Turn on your computer and connect a blank USB flash drive to it.
Step 3: Create a BIOS recovery USB flash device by running the BIOS file.
Step 4: Recovering the BIOS with a USB Flash Drive
Step 5: Wait 5-10 seconds after turning off the laptop that needs BIOS recovery before plugging it back in.
Step 6: Make sure the notebook’s power cord is plugged in before you start using the computer. As you improve, keep your device connected to the internet.
Step 7: The BIOS file is stored on a USB flash drive connected to a USB port on the laptop.
Step 8: For 2-3 minutes, press and hold the Microsoft key and the letter F (or the Microsoft key and the V key).
Step 9: Keep pressing Windows + B (or Windows + V) even after releasing the power button.
Keep pressing and holding the Windows key while pressing the V key, then press and hold the Power button for 2-3 seconds to complete the process.
Release the Start button while pressing the Windows key down and the V key simultaneously because when the CMOS Reset window or beep sounds are displayed.
Press Enter to restart the computer after a successful CMOS reset.
How to unlock Bootloader?
If the boot block code is not changed then the shorting trick should work. The shorting method should not work if the /sb switch is used instead of just the /wb switch while the BIOS is flashing. For each chip, the two parameters that must be crimped to generate a checksum error are unique. However, the address pins with the highest numbers are often used (A10 and above).
Bootblock for AMI BIOS recovery:
- Rename the BIOS image on your floppy drive to AMIBOOT.ROM and copy it to floppy.
- Place the floppy disk in your computer’s floppy drive.
- Hold down the CTRL and HOME buttons while turning on the computer.
- Release the keys when you hear a beep, and the flop light will magically light up.
- If you hear four beeps, your system’s System Block BIOS reprogramming was successful and you can restart your system at this point.
- Forcing a BIOS update can be done in several ways, including the following keys:
- Then clear the CMOS and place any remaining code in the accommodation block using CTRL+Home.
- Press CTRL+Page Up after programming is complete to add any remaining code to the accommodation block and clear the CMOS or DMI cache.
- After using CTRL+Page Down to replace the missing code in the system block, do not empty the CMOS or DMI sections.
- AMI BIOS 7 or higher is required to use alternate keys. An AMI 6.26 BIOS can only be recovered by pressing CTRL+Home.
Interrupt Interrupt Introduction:
Corrupted UEFI AMI Chip Recovery Because of the BIOS BLOCK section of the BIOS, which is responsible for booting the computer, corrupted BIOS can be recovered on motherboards that employ BOOT BLOCK BIOS. Although the system appears to start up, there is nothing visible on the screen. There will also be an indication of the floppy drive light, and the operating system will continually attempt to read it. If your motherboards have an ISA video port, connect your video card to it.
HP laptop stuck after flashing Startup Block:
When you turn on your HP laptop, it displays a black screen. When turning on the machine, go to the UEFI BIOS diagnostics and check that everything is ok.
- It could be the F10 key (click repeatedly on power on)
- Drive and memory diagnostics are selected by default in the UEFI BIOS.
- More tests, including component tests, can be found in the UEFI diagnostics obtained from the HP website.
- If a problem is discovered during testing, it will stop and generate code.
- The next day, if the loop to failure is still running, it is a positive sign that one or more loops have completed by then. To end the evaluation, press the Escape key.
Use different HP UEFI diagnostic computer settings:
Go to the HP website and select “Support and Driver Downloads” > the product model or serial number must be entered > the operating system must choose and the drivers must be displayed. Include a website address or hyperlink in your message.
Also Read: ChargeTech Portable Phone and Laptop Charging Station.